Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Get Ready, Get Set, Get Looking at a Slew of Photos!

It's been a few days since I've been able to post on here for multiple reasons. The busyness of the holidays (and the clean-up afterwards), having all my school kids here this week because school is out, the stomach bug hit Samantha and I yesterday, and I was having difficulties getting my photos to post on here. But as you will see, that particular issue has been fixed seeing as I have many photos posted for everyones' visual pleasure.
I'd like to start by saying that I hope all of you had a blessed Christmas, enjoying the excitement of the celebration of Christ's birth!
Christmas Eve we always spend at my parent's house. It is a fun tradition, mostly because it doesn't take us away from our own home and family on Christmas Day itself! We enjoyed spending time together, and yet missed my brother Benjamin and his girlfriend Melissa (they had to work) We had a nice meal together, sang some Christmas Carols, and exchanged gifts!
We were up a little before 7 am Christmas morning. The kids opened stockings and we did our family gift exchange. I loved all my gifts, but I must say my favorite was my big gift from Bob. He got me (and him) two months of ballroom dance lessons. I used to love to dance (I did country line dancing, couples dancing, and a little swing) and I am always begging for dates with him- his gift helps me to have both- dancing with him and a date! I am SO EXCITED! :)
Samantha's favorite gift was a new flute- she squealed with delight when she opened it! Wayne had two favorite gifts, one was a gameboy from dad, and a remote control snowmobile from Wayne's other mother. Wayne also got a full sized electronic keyboard that he really likes (I bought it used because they are so expensive in the stores, but it is really nice!- he has expressed an interest in learning how to play piano, so I'm hoping this might help. One of the ladies from church volunteered to help teach him. Samuel has a few favorites- he got a Little People's Noah's Ark from Daddy he loves to play with and chew on the animals. He also got an electronic Nursery Rhyme book that he loves to "read". His other favorite came from his cousin Corynn- she with the help of Mama and Papa got Samuel a large white Christmas Puppy. He loves to cuddle with it and play with it. I love watching him play, he is at the point where you can sit him down, and he will play by himself with his toys!
I finished Samuel's baby bible book- as seen in the photos. I hope that he will enjoy reading it at church (and home) and it will be a stepping stone in his love and knowledge of the LORD.
We enjoyed worshipping the Lord, and celebrating Christ's birth the right way at church. It was really nice enjoying a sermon about the true meaning of Christmas! We also had a wonderful meal together and finished up our meal reading the Christmas Story. Enjoy the photos, and I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as ours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home