Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Monday, January 30, 2006

A Deluge of Photos and Surprises!

What an amazing weekend! It started on Friday and didn't stop! My first surprise (a not so good one) was that I went to my eye doctor appointment on Friday pm and they told me I came on the wrong day. I was disappointed because I was looking forward to picking out new frames (my glasses are so old that they fall apart regularly and Bob has to screw them together again for me) So I have another appointment February 9th instead. Then, it was off to a little party for Birthright, little did I know that Samuel and I were the guests of honor! We had some delicious snacks, and drinks, and then out came a gift. Everyone from the local Birthright where I used to volunteer weekly, before they shut the doors for good (not enough counselling was making it worthwhile to be open, we became a clothing giveaway place rather than a pregnancy counselling place) was there. They got me a WillowTree Thank You sculpture (I love WillowTree and I have a few of their sculptures and would love more!) , a beautiful thank you card, and a gift certificate to the Owego Treadway Inn (a fancy place to eat) complete with money to pay a babysitter! I was in shock, and wonderfully surprized- I had no idea. I actually felt a little bit guilty that they did so much for me as a thank you for volunteering, when there were other volunteers too!
Then the surprizes continued on Saturday when we had a surprize 50th birthday party for my dad. He had no idea, and was thrilled and embarrassed all at the same time! Many people came from both near and far! It was a lot of work, but well worth it! Dad received many gift cards to help pay for supplies for his river plot. I wrote a poem I will put on here the next time (I just have too much to write about this time and not enough time) We had so much food left though that we were able to host a complete church supper the next day with the leftovers (and we still had more left to send home with a family who had just had a baby!)
Sunday morning Samantha and Wayne were taking the dogs on their walk, when they saw a coffee table and two end tables sitting outside of a house on the side of the road. Samantha called me from Bob's cellphone (she takes a cell with her in case of an emergency) and said they were really nice, and asked if I wanted them .. I said to go ahead and bring them home, not really knowing what to expect. Our coffee table and end tables were old handmade jobs that came with Bob when we got married. The kids walked in with the two end tables and Bob and my jaws dropped. They brought in beautiful dark cherry tables with curved legs, and a little drawer with brass pulls. I told them to hurry and get the coffee table, and they got it just in time. It was matching except the shape is oval without a drawer. They are BEAUTIFUL- I felt like it was my birthday early! I spent all afternoon yesterday working on my living room. I am still shocked that they put them on the side of the road- they could have easily sold them, seeing as they only have minimal scratches! Samantha asked the people who lived there if it was okay that they take them, and they said "Please do!" I was so excited I could hardly contain myself and told the kids I would give them each $5.00 spending money for such a wonderful gift!
Also Sunday, my sister passed out during church and had to be checked out in an ambulance. They think she overdid herself, but all her stats seemed to be normal. We were all very worried about her, but she went home and rested and has a dr. appt today (which I told her I wanted to drive her to) Hopefully and Prayfully all will be well!
So as you can tell, many unexpected things happened this weekend, and many wonderful surprises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home