Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Monday, January 23, 2006

~ Let it Snow ~

Well, we have a little dusting of white stuff this morning. I almost forgot what it looked liked, what with our very mild winter thus far. I am actually a bit glad for the snow, because next week I take down the Christmas lights , and it gives me a little bit of reason to turn my outside lights on and be able to actually enjoy them!
Samantha and Wayne are both having difficulties doing their work for school. They are both officially grounded until their grades , among other things, improve. Hopefully we will get this nipped in the bud soon. Bob and I both understand the importance of education, and we want to see Samantha and Wayne succeed, now and later on! We both love them and want the best for them, to have opportunities that we missed when we were younger.
I'm working on baby shower plans, and a few other secrets too! It just hasn't seemed like there has been enough time in the day lately. Samuel's sleeping is back to normal again, and yes he is cutting another tooth. That makes 5 so far that I can see. He is so close to crawling, and has been for weeks, but he is smart- He's figured out if he gets into a crawling position, and then "plops" down, usually he can reach what he's trying to get. It is pretty funny, especially since Bob and I have been watching him a lot, waiting for him to actually crawl, and he just keeps us watching, watching, watching! He is such a trip sometimes- he is a ham already, is laughing and giggling all the time, but he is also a mush. He loves to gives hugs and kisses, and still enjoys snuggling on a soft lap. I think he is a good balance of Bob and I both- and I hope it stays that way!

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Samuel IS a good balance of you and Bob. He has such a great sense of humor and such a happy disposition-and he is so cuddly and sweet. It is nice to see the things that Mom and Pops give to their children in the way of character and personalities. Samantha sure is growing up and learning all sorts of wonderful things from you. I see more of you in her all the time. This Sunday I was totally impressed (as was Matt) to hear Samantha singing her heart out in church. THAT is what it is all about. I wish EVERYONE would have such a fervor to praise the Lord. You can sit behind us any old time! Anyway-I already told HER I was impressed, but wanted to pat you on the back too...because you are the one that has led her to be that way. Good job!!!

PS-As far as schooling goes...you have and (I know) will continue to do so much for the kids just by staying on top of them. You are VERY proactive in their lives and very encouraging in the way of schooling. You are very tuned in to what is happening-and that is MUCH more than I can say for a lot of other kids and their parents. Hold fast and stay firm and I know that someday, they will thank you for it. Both of the kids show great promise and potential. Now, you just need to show them how to USE it instead of losing it. You know? I am glad you have older kids-it sort of prepares me for what is to come. ;-)

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Full of Grace said...

Thanks for the uplifting words! Sometimes (especially after a week like last week) it is easy to become despondant, and feel like all your efforts to be a good parent are fruitless. I do love to hear her singing, especially in church. Wayne doesn't participate a lot in church quite yet, but sometimes he will ask people, straight up "Do you believe in God? Do you go to church?" It's good to "hear the gears working" and we pray for the kids often that their heart for the LORD will continue growing, and they will become godly men and women.
It will be interesting to see God working in Samuel's life as well, seeing as I, hopefully, can instill God's love in him, from the beginning.
And thanks also, for your words about Samuel being a good balance of the two of us! I want him to have good character qualities of both of us, so that he will be well-rounded (since Bob and I are really very different in personality) I see a good balance of you and Matt in Corynn as well, and look forward to seeing how baby peanut will be, both physically, and personality :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home