Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Baby Showers and More!

We had another baby shower for one of the ladies at church, however this one was different than others I've been to. Anna's shower was a Tea Party. We all brought teacups and Anna picked her favorite to win a prize (she picked her mother's not knowing it was her mothers!) :) The food consisted of beautifully arranged fingerfoods and sweets. We dined with china and silver, and sipped a variety of hot teas from teacups. The tables were covered with lace and linen tablecothes and even matching napkins! It was the prettiest shower I've been to! Anna received many nice gifts from necessity items, to adorable baby outfits for baby Nathan who is to arrive the end of April.
Now, to a little humor. We have this thing locally called BarterCycle. You can buy and sell things locally. Someone posted a TV stand and I jumped at the chance seeing that our TV stand is old and falling apart and becoming an eyesore. They sent me a photo with a TV on it, and I said I was interested in it, but we had to pick it up on Sunday. Bob woke up Sunday not feeling well. We went to church with snow flying (not a good day to go pick anything up) and immediately drove to Whitney Point (around 45 minutes away) to pick it up. We got there, and the people selling the "TV stand" arrived just a few minutes later from church. We walked into their home and saw a Microwave Cart standing there instead. It was too small for our TV and definately a Microwave Cart. So I dragged Bob out when he wasn't feeling well, in the snow, using almost 2 hours of his Sunday afternoon to pick up a Microwave Cart (which we didn't need) and drove home with nothing. It wasn't very funny at the time at all, but I will never live this one down and Bob was a good sport about it considering the circumstances!
Sunday afternoon, after we got home from this little incident, I started feeling ill. By the time evening came I was downright sick. I felt really really sick throwing up and other things to remain nameless, as well as dizzy, and I had to fight hyperventilating. I thought I had food poisoning but now I'm not so sure, because Bob became sick at work yesterday as well. I am feeling better today (Tuesday) but my stomach is still a little off. I'm sure it will be all better later today. I will be getting a flu shot next year. I have been sicker this year than any other year of my adulthood that I can remember. I am so glad that yesterday was the first official day of spring. I need some warmer temperatures so I can get out and enjoy some fresh air again! :)

6 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

THAT STINKS! (About the TV cabinet.) You were SO excited about it! You said you saw a picture? That is strange!

Well, yard sale season is coming up-so you never know what you might find!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Carmichael Family said...

That's too funny about the not-tv-stand-microwave-table! What a bummer but it does make for a funny story!
What a cool idea for a baby shower! It sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Blessings,
Catherine

 
At 5:20 AM, Blogger Abigail said...

Ouch. Nasty microwave cart confusion. (It does make for a funny anecdote, though!) The shower looks absolutely lovely. I love tea parties, though I've only enjoyed a few in my adulthood. What a cool idea!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Full of Grace said...

I tried leaving a comment this am but alas, the computer wouldn't allow it so I am going to try and remember all that I said.
I did see 2 photos of the "tv stand". One of which was a close-up of the wood and detailed only the drawers, the other was a photo of it with a small TV on it. Small tv's can appear quite large in photos when they fill up a spot so completely. It brings new meaning to "don't judge a book by it's cover" or "don't judge a TV stand by it's photo" :)

As for the shower, it was very pretty, but I can imagine it would have been even prettier for a girl. I would have place pink floral arrangements in detailed glass vases on the tables with various pink touches throughout :)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger betsy said...

The shower sounds so cute, I agree with you, it would be even prettier for a girl! What a cute idea though! I've heard of doing a tea for a bridal shower before but never as a baby shower. Lots of fun.
That's too bad about the tv stand, but the story is quite funny. Are you sure your microwave isn't in need of a new table??? ;)

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Full of Grace said...

Ha Ha Betsy :) Nope, our Microwave has it's own little nook in a built in cupboard in our kitchen. It is quite snug as a bug in a rug there, so it would probably go on strike and not work for us if we moved it out of it's home :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home