Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Monday, October 24, 2005

Painting, Parties, and Pumpkins

Bob was supposed to work on Saturday, but on Friday his PT Catering job called to say they didn't need him, so we headed to the hardware store to pick up paint. We have been wanting to paint our living room since we bought our house, but just hadn't done it yet. 2 of the walls were flat paint white with dirt marks and fingerprints (I HATE flat paint- it shows up everything!) the other 2 walls were like a mint green green color, also in flat paint. When we bought the house the whole thing was done in flat paint because it is the cheapest kind, and majority of it in white. We painted the walls Terra Cotta, and the trim was supposed to be a darker version, but the guy at the paint store messed up and didn't test it before we left, so it turned into like a brick red color. It looks nice though, we didn't worry about it too much. We stayed up painting trim till 1 am. I was up with Samuel quite a bit that night, so I had about 3 hrs of sleep. We spent the whole day painting, and finished around 2 pm. We headed to Walmart to pick up new curtains, and stuff for Sloppy Joes and a cake * in a few hrs we were going to a dress up game party at my sisters* We came home, Bob made sloppy joes, Samantha the cake, and I tried putting the living room in a semblance of order. Samantha and Wayne were a cowboy, and cowgirl, Samuel was a baby skunk, and I dressed up like a gypsy. (I forgot to bring my digital camera, and the regular camera's flash needed batteries so I didn't get any pics! :( Bob didn't dress up and went to a donkey basketball game for most of the party. It was good fun. Bob thought that night we turned the clocks back, so we got to church an hr late on Sunday, after service was pretty much done. We turned around and came home, instead of staying, because Bob didn't want to be harassed the whole sunday school about being late (especially when he feels it is his job to harass everyone else about it!) We came home, and I spent the day putting my house in order. Samantha was a great help, catching up my laundry piles for me, and Wayne helped also. They painted faces on their pumpkins yesterday as well. Wayne made soup for dinner all by himself. The only help he had, was Bob cut up the carrots and celery for him. Wayne decided what ingredients to use, and how much. He did a good job and we enjoyed eating his soup- just one more way he is following in daddy's footsteps! I'll try to post photos of our living room later. I tried taking pictures of it this am, but it was too dark and you can't see any detail (The colors really darken the room!)

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hi Elizabeth! I didn't know you have a blog, too! Now, I will have to bookmark it. :) Dave and I were wondering why you guys didn't make it to church this past Sun. We thought you were just tired from all the festivities! Glad you found my blog, too... I need to post more on it or Scott will get after me! LOL

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh-don't worry...he'll get harassed. He can't get out of it THAT easily! My hubby is anxiously awaiting Sunday morning. ;-)

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Full of Grace said...

I actually started my blog after yours Michelle. I kept getting on to read and look at Rebecca's photos, and decided to follow suit. We thought last week we were supposed to turn back the clocks so we got to church an hr late, while you guys were getting greeted by the church- btw Congratulations! And I'm sure my hubby will get harassed as soon as everyone gets wind of what happened- Matt of course being ring leader :)

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Abigail said...

Thanks for the clock change reminder! One of the first weeks that we attended the church of which we're now members, we forgot to turn our clocks back and arrived an hour early. We sat twiddling our thumbs for an hour wondering where everyone was!

And kudos to Wayne for following in his dad's footsteps. It sounded yummy, and now I think I'll make soup tonight... :)

 
At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home