Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Woes of a Busy Weekend

I can hardly believe that this weekend is over, and the week has started up again in full swing. Normally I wouldn't post about such a situation, but it immersed so much of my time I have to get it off my chest. Hopefully those of you that know me (and those of you that don't) won't come to any bad conclusions about my family because of this post. On Friday I found headlice on Samantha, a ton of it by the way because she was embarrassed to tell me and "didn't want to make me work too hard" We had to deal with this a month ago because she contracted it from someone. I have a feeling that it never completely went away. In any case, I spent ALL weekend doing laundry, washing and picking hair, spraying down furniture, trying to make sure I boiled and washed everything that could have remotely come into contact with her. The most frustrating part of the whole situation is we are a "clean" family who take showers and wash up daily. We spent $50.00 on lice shampoo etc..alone. I'm just praying that this time we will get all of it. I made Samantha sleep with Mayo on her head friday night, and we shampooed her hair 2x. I also shampooed 2x. Thankfully because all the boys have short hair they haven't had any problems at all. In any case, this weekend was as busy or busier than the week! On top of that Thursday and Friday Wayne caught a serious flu-bug and was quite sick. I am actually sort of relieved that today is Monday, maybe I can have a little rest :)

6 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger flacius1551 said...

Having head lice these days is no sign of dirtiness--as public health surveys reflect, today's lice are much more resistant to eradication than the lice of our childhood. We know you're doing your best!

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Full of Grace said...

Thank you for your post- It's an embarrassing situation, but as I want to record daily happenings in my life, I wanted to describe in depth the frustrations this situation has created. I'm glad to see that there is understanding in the midst of this frustration- Thanks again! :)

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger flacius1551 said...

On resistant headlice from Harvard:

http://www.headlice.org/news/classics/licecrisis.htm

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Abigail said...

Hope this is the last you'll see of those nasty, little buggers!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Abigail said...

(No one who knows you would ever think it was due to any negligence. That's why they're such nasty little buggers; they sneak in any way they can.)

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Full of Grace said...

Thanks for the website info- I will most definately be checking it out!
Also, Thanks for the understanding Abbie and I too hope this is the end of them!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home