Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Visual Pictures...

I have been very remiss at posting, and posting photos. I had quite a few opportunities this weekend, that passed me by, my own fault. I only have one or two photos from Samantha and Wayne's birthday that turned out because the flash wasn't working on my digital camera due to lack of battery power. Now, we have new batteries, and I just forgot to use the camera- Ah well, now everyone can use their minds to create visual pictures instead :)

Bob came home after a week long journey to GA on Friday am around midnight, and had the day off of work on Friday. He had a WONDERFUL time! He was at training for working on Safes for Brinks, BUT he also had almost a mini-vacation too. All of his expenses were fully paid for- he had a huge room all to himself, ate at the hotel for breakfast (continental breakfast with all the fixings, including grits, and biscuits-n-gravy), chain restaurants such as TGI Friday's and Ruby Tuesdays for lunch, and posh restaurants with a bill to show it for dinner. One night he even went out to play pool with the guys, and he just had a blast. He also flew for the first time ever and loved it! We were glad when he was home though- we really missed him! It was nice having him around on a Friday (especially since the kids were off for Veteran's Day)

Saturday Bob took Samantha and Wayne to the gun range to shoot pumpkins, balloons, and paper targets in the early hours. I like to go, but haven't gone since Samuel was born because the sounds are too loud for his premature ears (and I haven't found any baby hearing protection yet) :) When they got home, we headed to Cortland to see Bob's mom and cousin Rhonda (and her family) We spent the day out there, just visiting. Bob's mom in particular loved seeing us, I get the feeling she doesn't get a whole lot of visitors.

Sunday, we went to church, and afterwards, Bob and the big kids worked on raking leaves. Wayne got up on our porch roof, and used our leaf blower to get rid of all the leaves up there, and then laid on his stomach, and cleaned out the gutters (what a missed opportunity for photos!) He felt big and proud doing that (with supervision of course) and especially enjoyed throwing down a big chunk of mud on his sister (who didn't enjoy it all, but got him back later by stuffing a large handful of leaves down his shirt) Samuel took his afternoon nappy, and I worked on crafts. My sister and I are doing a craft show this Saturday, and I haven't done anything new to prepare for it! I had a few things from a previous show last year, but not much. I don't really need a whole lot, because my sister has a ton of stuff, but I want to have some things- it would be nice to make a few dollars! I worked on painting tinware- they weren't my best because I couldn't find my thin detail paintbrush, so I made due with my other paintbrushes (hence the painting wasn't as detailed and neat as I usually do) but at least I got a few things done, instead of waiting to get a detail brush! I'm going to try and do a few each day at rest-time.

So, that's the scoop on our weekend- I'll try to get back on board and take/ post more photos soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home