Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Monday, February 27, 2006

New Motorcycles, New Stoves, and New Prayers Needed!

We have had our share of "new" things this past week, both good and bad. Bob picked up his new motorcycle in Delaware on Saturday, with the help of a friend's pickup truck (this was good). Samantha went along for this 10 hour trip with dad, which left Wayne, Samuel and I at home. This was really hard for Wayne, because he so wanted to go, but I think in the long run it was good for Wayne and I to spend some quality time together. Wayne is a daddy's boy thru and thru, and he always wants to "hang" with dad, so both Wayne and I had a good time hanging out together on Saturday. I took him out to breakfast to one of his favorite places and we just enjoyed each other's company.
On Sunday after church we put my "new" stove in the house. We hadn't had the time or energy to do it before, so we made time this weekend. Boy is it nice to have a nice stove in the house again, one that all knobs work, and don't fall off when you use it (or you have to take the knobs off and manually push the metal part in to get the stove to work at all!) It also looks so much better than my old one!!! This was the other good new thing!
The bad new thing is that I have lost all my daycare kids with the exception of Faith within a month. I am still reeling from the shock. Dillon's big sister is now driving him to school in the am. He was only before school, and he stopped coming the beginning of the month. Albana and Aldi relocated to an undisclosed place with their mother due to some dangerous situations for them. This happened last Friday. Then this Monday am Katie's dad said that he will be moving to Cortland in a couple of weeks. Even though they are leaving due to moving, it doesn't lessen the blow. We are going to be down to almost nothing for my income, which is going to be difficult financially for us. Please pray that God will send a child or two to fill in my spots and help allieveate the financial burden this will place on our family. I am so thankful that I still have Faith (last week her mom asked if everything was good for me to take care of her, because an opening became available in "abide in the vine" childcare center and she had planned on taking Faith there before I started caring for her) I've been down on children before, it's never easy, but we'll survive- we'll just have to cut corners for a while, pray about it, and trust that God will take care of us just like he took care of us in the past!

5 Comments:

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Carmichael Family said...

I'll definitely be praying about your daycare situation. God does always provide when things get a little rough, even though it's not easy when we don't know when or how He's going to. It's nice that you had a couple of nice things sprinkled in this week even though you lost so many of your daycare children.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Full of Grace said...

Thanks for the prayers! I do agree though, having some nice things happen, did soften the blow somewhat. I am thankful that I have a few weeks before I actually lose Kathryn, so that will help on the financial part of things.
The part that frustrates me most, is the irresponsibility of this dad. He is far from a Christian, he's moving in with his short term g-friend, and her 4 children, his son has some serious mental issues)which makes change really really difficult), and he is pulling both kids out of the schools where they are settled, to change schools 2 months before school is out. My heart goes out to his children! It's going to be difficult for both of them! He is a very closed person, not willing to discuss anything, unless it is befitting to him. It's a tough situation all around. So, not to add to your prayers, but if you pray for my daycare situation, maybe you can add a PS for the kids (and dad) :) Thanks So Much!!! :)

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Carmichael Family said...

What a tough situation for those sweet children. I'll definitely be praying for them as well. I always hurt for children who are seemingly just shuffled around like that and have parent(s) who put their own preferences ahead of their children's wellbeing.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger ashley said...

I'm sure God has something even better in store for you, as He always does for His children. It's just the not knowing what's ahead, and the not understanding why He does things the way He does that makes things hard. "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28) This verse always encourages me. I'll be praying about your situation.

 
At 3:15 AM, Blogger Full of Grace said...

I thank you both for your prayers. Ashley, I also love that verse, and often reflect on it during trying times. I also agree, God has provided many times for our family, it's just having the patience to wait and see what's around the corner or behind the door. Sometimes God's timing isn't our timing (I know about this FIRSTHAND because of the wait to have a baby of my own) but sometimes it makes waiting that much sweeter in the end! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home