Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

The Countdown till the Celebration of Christ's Birth

I wanted to post yesterday but I couldn't find the time, even in the wee hours of the morning. I have barely enough time to post this morning but I really wanted to at least write a paragraph or two.
I too have been doing baking, but none so grand as my sister or friends. I have made Peanut Butter Buckeyes, Oreo balls dipped in white chocolate (thanks to the idea from my sister-in-law Sherry), chocolate dipped pretzels, frosted sugar cutout cookies, shortbread cookies with caramel and nonpareils, chocolate peanut butter fudge, and today I will be moving away from cookies and candies, and making banana bread with some too ripe bananas I have (I've been making so many fattening things that the healthy fruit was put to the wayside) :(
I decided I wanted to make a fabric church book for Samuel for Christmas but it isn't turning out as planned- I'm very disappointed. I bought fabric markers in bright colors, so that I could draw the pictures on myself and color them in brightly for Samuel since he loves color. I did two pages, and they look faded and boring. The bright colors faded once on the fabric. It looks more like a cheezy coloring book than a nice church book. At this point I don't think I have time to even try to salvage it. I may have to scrap the gift for the time being and try and make a new one for his birthday, but it stinks because I was really excited about making him a gift for his first Christmas.
Today is my last day with my daycare munchkins until next Monday. I bought them each a gift, and gave each parent a Christmas card as well. I have been doing this for 3 years now, and I have one parent that never even says thank you, or gives our family a card. Then I have another parent who gave me a personal gift, Samuel a gift, a Christmas card and two family photos. Talk about a serious contrast! The sad part is that the 2nd one is new- I've only been caring for her daughter for a few months, the first one is from when I actually opened my daycare. It is nice to feel appreciated- just a pat on the back makes me feel encouraged and "golden"!
Well, time is up for now, have a blessed Holiday!

6 Comments:

At 6:16 AM, Blogger flacius1551 said...

Unfortunately we can't always see the results of our micro-ministries. But that doesn't mean they have no effect!

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

You've been baking up a storm! Sounds so good...

Could you use anything else to brighten your pictures like fabric applique? I'm don't know much about crafts, but there's got to be some kind of marker or paint that retains it's color once it's applied....
It's such a great idea that I'd love to see it once you finish!

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

oops. That first "it's" should be "its."

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Elizabeth,

I hope you can come up with a solution for Samuel's book. You must be so frustrated. I'd love to see it, too, when you get done!

Abby,

Why would the first "it's" be "its?"

"It'"s is referring to the marker or paint which would have been "marker's color" or "paint's color" had you not used the word "it's." Or am I even more severely lacking in Grammar than I thought?

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger flacius1551 said...

the first "it's" is a possessive, which never use the apostrophe (mine, yours, his, hers, its, ours, theirs)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Thanks, flacius1551, I should've known I was wrong! :) Oh well, maybe I'll learn it right the second time around when homschooling my own children!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home