Full of Grace-n-blessings Fivefold

Doing my Best to Remember all the Blessings in my Life on a Daily Basis.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Musical Renditions

I don't have a whole lot of time to post this morning because I HAVE to get my Christmas cards written out and placed in the mail today, otherwise they won't arrive it time for Christmas. We went to Samantha's Holiday concert on Thursday evening- It was the best school concert I've ever been to! They had different groups of singers, and people playing instruments all around the auditorium. After one group stopped playing, the spotlight went to another group who started immediately playing. This went on for one full hour straight. They ended the concert with all the kids gathering around the auditorium like a circle, and we all sang Christmas Carols (Bob even sang a little, but don't let him know I told you or it may upset his reputation) :) I was so sad not to have a battery in my camcorder, but the school said that they may offer it on video to be purchased- if it isn't expensive I want to get it.
Saturday was our Christmas program at church. We first went Christmas Carolling (a few of us mind you, showed up for that) Then the "masses" came for snacking and the program itself. Our entertainment consisted of Wayne playing jingle bells on the keyboard. Michelle and Bethany singing a duet, and me reading "The Legend of the Candy Cane". We then sang a few carols, but we had to do it from heart because most of our hymnals that had the carols in them were destroyed in the flood. I wish I would have had more time to organize the entertainment part, and I would have run off copies of Carols for people if I would have been on top of things, but I only decided to do the program a week ago. In that time I shopped for, and made a veggie tray, cheese and pepperoni tray with crackers, chips n dip, warm and cold apple cider, chocolate chip cookies, plus got tableclothes, plates, napkins, and set up decorations. I even brought my portable CD player so that we could listen to holiday music while nibbling on niceties.
Sunday, after church we went to celebrate Christmas with Bob's mom. We had pizza, wings, chips and soda with her (she is in a nursing home, and rarely gets such treats) We accidentally left a few of her gifts at home so we are going to put them in the mail for her. I think she had a good time. We also brought her new (and good used) clothes, slippers, socks and unmentionables so she probably thought we were the big guy with a sack full of goodies ourselves!
Well, I've written more than I planned for today. Have a blessed Holiday those of you who are reading this, and won't be reading again till after Christmas!

4 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

HEY, BOB! WE HEARD THAT YOU WERE SINGING THE OTHER NIGHT, EH?!?!?!?

:)


I just mailed off my cards today, too! No time like the last minute...

It sounds like your week has been packed with busy enjoyment. Merry Christmas a bit early!

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Full of Grace said...

I'll let Bob read that for himself :)
My holiday is nothing in comparison to yours. Don't get me wrong, I've done a little baking, but NOTHING in comparison to what you have done, while being a mama, wife, taking care of house and home. Sometimes I think you and my sister Rebecca are the super-moms of today. You know, the ones on the old TV shows that do their wifely and motherly duties with a smile on their face, a bread baking in the oven, and a impeccably clean house. I just don't seem to ever have it together like you both! I try, mind you, but I just don't seem to have enough time in the day!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

"You know, the ones on the old TV shows that do their wifely and motherly duties with a smile on their face, a bread baking in the oven, and a impeccably clean house. I just don't seem to ever have it together like you both!"

Golly! I look at Rebecca like that, but who gave you the idea that I was, too! A smile on my face? Impeccably clean house?
Ha! :)

Remember that no supermoms exist. We all struggle and falter, and I'm right there in the thick of those who struggle and falter. So put to rest your false notions of me (although you can keep that notion about Rebecca, b/c she really might be a Supermom!).

Remember, too, that I've only got TWO children, no responsibilities toward OTHER people's children, and both of my girls are over a year and a half, which makes a big difference as far as my ease of life goes. Millie and Annie are much more self-sufficient at this point than your darling Samuel is, and that makes it easier for me to, say, mop the floor....IF I get around to it. :)

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Abigail said...

p.s. which I don't as often as I should, and, when I do, I certainly don't smile while I mop! A grumpy mopping bear...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home